Strong Customer Authentication or SCA is an extra layer of security banks have added to help make online card payments safer. However, we are experiencing some issues from the banks' side. A full explanation is here: https://www.bankofireland.com/sca/
However, some customers are experiencing issues with payment.
To resolve these SCA issues, customers should do any of the following:
- Contact your bank for instruction on how to meet the new security requests
- Provide us with an alternative card (not BOI Mastercard) for us to charge today and going forward
- Provide us with Direct Debit (DD) details
If you are trying to get through to our Customer Centre, please be patient, as this situation is out of our control.
We will however, try to get it resolved as soon as we can to minimise any further disruption going forward.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) with Bank of Ireland Mastercards
- Can I change from my existing plan?
- What is a Fair Usage Policy?
- What if mistakes are made with my Direct Debit?
- What if I am concerned over the security of information?
- What is a Direct Debit?
- How do I know your weights are accurate?
- Can you show me my bin weights?
- How do I pay my household bill?